I was recently looking up the dictionary for the word conviction which has two main definitions.
1. A final judgment of guilty in a criminal case and the punishment that is imposed.
2. An unshakable belief in something without need for proof or evidence.
If you were to google my name, you would find many definitions.
1. Might, Strength.
2. One of the chief towns of the kingdom of Bashan where outlaws and turbulent characters find refuge.
3. Unidentified town of Naphtali.
Now if you were to ask some people to add to those definitions on what they know of me the best, you would get these definitions.
1. See Stubborn
2. See Pride
3. See Flirt
4. See Understanding
6. See Sensitive
7. See Pig
8. See Recluse
9. A person who stands by his convictions no matter what the cost.
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with reading up personality tests and the likes to find out if what I think I am is really what I am. I mean, recently I did the Myer-Briggs from two different sources and both came up with the same results about my character. I might as well ask a few people what they think of me and look up the dictionary for the proper definitions and I’d get about the same thing.
It’s just interesting to know that my stubbornness to stand by my principles is both the source of my strength and at the same time my own punishment for whatever I owe up in life. In a way, it’s like my name reflects my own sense of self in spite of what other people see in me, which when you come to think of it…
Doesn’t it seem like everyone’s names reflect who they are?
So much for idle musing. It would seem everytime I try to think of something senseless and lighthearted, I turn it in to a philosophical thought that give anyone a headache. I guess that’s part of me as well. Maybe there should add one more definition to my name though.
1. The ability to turn simple things into complicated matters.
Yeah…now that one I know no one will dispute.
Which is sad in a way.
Well…at least I admit it right?