If you haven’t already noticed every single post and comment on this blog now sounds like pirate talk. Aye…that’s right…and I didn’t manually change every single one of them. That’s all thanks to a special little WordPress plugin called Text Filter Suite which changes all your post or commet text to a different slang of your choice…in this case…a pirate talk.
Why this insanity you ask? Well…apparently today just happens to be “Talk Like A Pirate” Day. Which as crazy as the name sounds literally is a day where you talk…or in this case blog like a pirate. So to celebrate this obscure event, I have come up with a list of things to do throughout the day.
- Talk like a pirate (obviously).
- Rob, pillage and otherwise plunder my weasely ass out of all situations today.
- Avoid Aztec gold for reasons of safety.
- Take what I can and give nothing back.
- Watch Pirates of the Caribbean again for the 37th time.
- Drink rum like there was no tomorrow.
- Wear a bandana over my head and insist people address me as captain.
- Sing pirate songs all day long.
- Watch clips of Spongebob Squarepants for no clear reasons aside from insanity.
I guess that’s good way of putting things into perspective because it’s either that or I have nothing better to do than what I have mentioned so far. Which is the more likely reason, I cannot say for sure at this point.
But what I can say is that being a pirate is more than just fancy clothes, the colourful language and the nefarious deeds…that’s what a pirate does…but what a pirate is…is freedom. That which you can stand your ground and sail away wherever you want and do whatever you can. Steering your life with absolute certainty without a doubt. That’s what a pirate is. That’s what I call a life. So with that in mind. Yo ho yo ho…you savvy?