- When you don’t know what life means anymore to you, “running on empty” may perhaps be the best way to describe a world devoid of purpose or direction, joy or pain, dream scapes or nightmares.
- Outlets in every way are forms of comfort to ease the burden of the mind. Take that away and the mind bears the weight of the issues. There is only a certain amount of weight the mind can take before it snaps.
- Is it easier to pretend that the people around you want you around because they are your friends or is it easier to swallow the reality that people only want you around because you have some use to them? Desperation for some form of company, any form of company does play its part in making that choice.
- As deadlines approach even closer, the realization that a year past, is catching up. Sooner or later all the cards would have to be laid out on the table. And even then, a good poker face might not be enough to win this all or nothing game.
- There is an emptiness here and now. One not born from apathy or futility, but one born from the simple buzz that fills your ears. The same one that so desperately fights to stay alive. And nothing else matters, save for the simple choice of deciding or not whether you will never wake up again, or live to see another sunrise and another empty day that has to be done.
Doing a “Chickybabe” refers to doing a list of random thoughts and is named in honour of ChickyBabe who awed me with her style of writing, especially when she did her set of random thoughts which this is named after.