Even though that crisis which I have no solution to is still lingering over my head, there is no denying that life does indeed go on, whether or not I choose to live it to its fullest, or put my life on hold in my own nightmares. I think I chose to do the former, at least I’d like to think I had a choice.
- After years of bad timing, barring another crisis that just happens to crop up at a most inconvenient time, I’ll be joining in on this year’s NaNoWriMo. Not only do I have a story that I’ve been meaning to write, but for once in my life, I think the story does have an ending to it, rather than another one of my more imaginative fanfics-in-my head that never go anywhere.
- That new toy that I have? Yeah you remember, the ebook reader? After one week and several books being read on it, it’s battery bar only dropped one, out of four. I say it again, best gadget investment ever.
- I went to a party. I dressed up. I mingled with new people. I danced. Despite what I consider to be way out of my usual comfort zone, I enjoyed having fun with people. This picture should explain all:
- Six months after I started work, I’ve received a promotion. To which comes the joy that I’m actually recognised for my ability to do the job well with the perks that come with it. Also with it comes the apprehension with the realisation that there are a lot of responsibilities I’m not sure I’m ready for within the next 2 weeks.
- “Love because it is a luxury, not because it is an excuse.” is a wisdom I have since long treasured. Even in the darkest of moments, even the tiniest fragment of that luxury can tip the scales between redemption and damnation. And sometimes, just sometimes, that alone is enough to give you a fighting chance of hope.
Come to think of it, given my luck, now that I’ve said all the good things, I expect to be jinxed at any moment now and have my world crashing down on me. I guess, when it comes down to it, at least I said it, and in this silence, maybe that’s all that matters.
Doing a “Chickybabe” refers to doing a list of random thoughts and is named in honour of ChickyBabe who awed me with her style of writing, especially when she did her set of random thoughts which this is named after.