- You know you’ve reached the pinnacle of home cooking when you’ve been tasked to head up the Christmas dinner for an entire family clan. How could I say no to cooking the roast turkey, lamb, potato dishes and the salads?
- There is more to life than keeping record of your daily life, even if its is in short shorts. There is also keeping a recipe book for all the things you love to cook, more so to eat, for the next generation to follow.
- You know something is different about you when you’re willing to do stupid things first so that the person next to you had to courage to do what she wants to do.
- It is an unusual blessing for someone outside of the family to be the bridge between you and your own blood. Not that I’m complaining. I just don’t know what to make of it aside from it meaning that it’s always a good thing.
- It’s hard to have “me-times” in a household full of people getting ready for Christmas. The only chances you get are when you run the small errands that lead up to the big day. Nevertheless, any time alone is welcomed, even from the people you love.
Doing a “Chickybabe” refers to doing a list of random thoughts and is named in honour of ChickyBabe who awed me with her style of writing, especially when she did her set of random thoughts which this is named after.