- Time is always relative. It passes by fast when you’re doing something important. It passes by even faster when you’re doing something you think is important but really isn’t at all.
- Sometimes a moment of reminiscence can turn into a weekend long marathon of reclaiming the old glory days. Complete of course with staying up ’till the wee hours of the morning for reasons that had nothing to do with fast approaching deadlines
- Scheduled power cuts does put things into perspective. We take electricity for granted far too much. So much so that despite sleeping in to past the time, I still find myself pacing back and forth over the same spot, lost in aimless contemplation of what could I possibly do next that doesn’t need to be plugged into the wall socket.
- Saying you’ll turn in early for the night doesn’t always take into account listening to stories from people far away. Especially people you miss dearly. Especially stories you wish you could have been a part of.
- Sometimes the weekend doesn’t always last for two days, especially if you have control over your own working schedule. Sometimes there is just nothing to do. Or at least that’s what you keep telling yourself while looking away from the pile of papers you’re supposed to be reading.
- Procrastination can be such a pain to deal with. But sometimes, just sometimes, it can be your only friend in the entire world. Especially if you pretend that there are no consequences to it.
Doing a “Chickybabe” refers to doing a list of random thoughts and is named in honour of ChickyBabe who awed me with her style of writing, especially when she did her set of random thoughts which this is named after.