- Apparently there is a limit to how much physical punishment the body can take. I cannot for instance, stave off an encroaching flu bug while, doing a full body workout and work late hours at the same time. The fine balance doesn’t call for a third weight.
- There is not much you can do if you’re a workaholic who has been forced to stay at home, except get some much needed rest. Better one day at home than a week in the hospital, as a patient.
- Being a geek often means that you take up the responsibility of the knowledge you bear. This of course leads to the dependency from the uninformed and ignorant. The trick is not to wear yourself out when the simple hobby becomes a near obsession. Easier said than done when everyone seems to have problems all at once.
- Being sick has never taken my sense of taste away from me. I will still demand for good food, which is been a pain since I tend to cook for myself these days. Still, there is no better substitute for good food to pick you up especially when done right. I have my own miso ramen noodles to testify to that.
- It’s nice to know that regardless of what happens, encouraging words and someone willing to cover for you often works better than constant nagging advice and a critique that you need to do better. It’s a choice we have to make on who we are willing to be around. It can mean the difference between a more optimistic mind and a much more tired body.
Doing a “Chickybabe” refers to doing a list of random thoughts and is named in honour of ChickyBabe who awed me with her style of writing, especially when she did her set of random thoughts which this is named after.