I know there might be a few things like this floating around the net, but I swear to God…whatever I wrote here is 100% from my own head and while there might be similarities between whatever lists are out there and in here…such similarities are purely coincidental.
You know you’re addicted to blogging when:
- You dream about blogging something that happened in the same dream.
- You stay up until 5 in the morning trying to tweak not just your blog but other people blogs as well.
- The existing blogosphere niche knows more about your own life than the entire real world friends and family combined.
- You find a metablog and think its the greatest thing on earth to ping it several times a day.
- You buy a camera specifically for taking pictures for your blog
- You have 24 hour blogathons for absolutely no reason
- You have 48 hour blogathons for absolutely no reason.
- You join blogathons for charity and know you can pull off 48 posts in 24 hours because you’ve done something like that before.
- You constantly argue the benefits of Do-It-Yourself Blogging Solutions comparatively to Hosted Blogging Solutions because it’s “better”.
- You have gone on “hiatus” several times, one of which lasted no more than 48 hours.
- You buy a camera phone specifically to start a mo-blogging blog
- You actually know what mo-blogging means
- You actually know what podcasting is.
- You stop watching the news and reading newspapers because blogs have become your source of information.
- Blogs have become your source of pornographic or erotic entertainment.
- You blog about whether or not you should make important decisions such as what career you should take or proposing to your current girlfriend.
- You spend time in trying to find chatrooms for bloggers.
- You actually spend time in more than 1 chatroom for bloggers.
- You make a chatroom for bloggers.
- Your curse out loud when you have something interesting to say and there is no net connection in sight.
- You start twitching and break out in cold sweat when you haven’t been blogging for more than 24 hours.
- You start writing things down on paper on your free time and claim no satisfaction because no one can comment on what you wrote.
- You have actually weight the differences between WordPress and Movable Type on at least one occassion in your blogging life.
- You actually know what WordPress and Movable Type is.
- You have been a guest blog on other people’s blogs.
- You have the blogger’s life cycle.
- You write a list like this.
- You actually understand everything that has been written here.
- Your comments will be about more “Signs of Blogging Addictions”
- You have read this ridiculous list until this point.
Well there, I got it out of my head.