I seem to be breaking a lot of my rules lately. I know I don’t usually do memes, but 2 in the space of a fortnight? Not to mention that I haven’t been tagged on this one either. I took one good look at it and went “Yes. Yes, this is something I have to do at all costs” while furiously nodding my head as if I was suffering from some form of seizure. So taking the meme from fellow 9ruler Cory Vilhauer’s Black Marks on a WoodPulp, what better way to put my Flickr account to good use than to play the Flickr Game.
The rules are simple, you answer the following set of questions. Then use those answers to search for pictures in Flickr using Flickr search. From only the first page of your search results, pick a picture. Then Copy and paste each of the photo’s URLs for the images into the Mosaic Maker. The questions are as follows:
- What is your first name?
- What is your favourite food?
- Where did you go to high school?
- What is your favourite colour?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Favourite drink?
- Dream vacation?
- Favourite dessert?
- What you want to be when you grow up?
- What do you love most in life?
- One word to describe you.
- Your Flickr name.
After using the answers as keywords, going through the results and putting the selected pictures in a mosaic, this is what I came up with:
If you can’t guess what the answers are already, here is what they were:
- Edrei (oddly enough, no pictures of me on the front page for such a rare name)
- Taman Melawati (it’s in Malaysia for anyone who thinks this is Greek)
- Blue (only because black isn’t really a colour)
- Summer Glau (yes yes, we all know I have a thing for pretty psychopathic killing machines)
- Chocolate (more than just the rich taste, why don’t you tell your boyfriend you’ll be home late and I’ll explain it intimately over dessert at my place?)
- Scientist (really they should have gotten better pictures)
- Insightful (yes, melancholic works too, but there is a reason why I’m always that to begin with)
- Kamigoroshi (search for this came up with snapshots of my blog which I posted up on Flickr, so I pulled one out from my photostream at random instead)
I’ve got to admit, I haven’t had this much fun for a meme in ages. But it doesn’t mean that it isn’t my usual introspective flair either. Going through all the awe inspiring pictures that people have taken in various places. It does make you feel really small in such a big world.
Either way, since I wasn’t tagged, I’m not going to tag anyone either. If you think as I did that this is just an awesome meme, then by all means, go ahead and do it, especially if you have a Flickr account. There is much that can be said for world in which moments and memories can be frozen in time. Much more can be said for those that are willing to share those moments with us. You can use this opportunity at least to find some part of it.