That’s about it. After more than a month of beta testing and going out of my mind. I finally found the cause of the problem which forced me to downgrade to WordPress 1.5.2.
Apparently, it was the gargantuan list of ping services I had that was forcing the post to time out while it’s publishing or saving. As a result for some reason, it would be forced to download a blank “post.php” when I’m using Firefox 1.5 and of course give me a blank page when I’m using Internet Explorer.
I should have figured out that the ping list was the problem anyway given the timeouts I was having in IE but I guess I’m too used to using Firefox I didn’t realise that was the case. Then again…what do you know, it turns out that Internet Explorer might have some use after all. If not for it’s extremely “safe” features then at least for the fact you still can find out what’s screwing up your page loads at the end of the day.
Well at least now I can get back to actually designing my new theme…that is if I settle on an actual theme to design in the first place. They say that the first step is always the hardest…but in my case, where it goes from there is just mind boggling.