Alright, even for those of you who patched up your 22.214.171.124 yesterday. Please update your WordPress to the latest version. It has more features in it than just the fix as well…which was probably why it was taking Matt a little too long to come out with the release.
Anyway as far as I know here are some of the features in the new 1.5.2:
- Fixed register_global exploit.
- “Save and continue edting” now added to page.
- No long waits while pinging when publishing a post.
- “All Comments” feed now includes post titles.
- “publish_post” is now triggered when someone uses a program that posts via xml-rpc (eg. w.bloggar) or when someone posts by email.
Since there was no changelog, that’s as best as I could get out from the channel and the WordPress dev blog that really mattered and that I could understand. So what are you waiting for? The new version isn’t just for show. If you haven’t patched your WordPress…for the love of God…upgrade NOW. If you already patched your WordPress…oh just upgrade anyway, it doesn’t take you 2 minutes.
Always good to have something better.